Customer Support Specialist
About REX - Real Estate Exchange, Inc.
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup located in Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
About the Position
We're growing like crazy and looking for a solutions-oriented, energetic, and well-spoken professional to join the Sales Team at our Austin, TX office. This individual will be the voice of REX with the goal of creating great experiences, starting from the moment a customer calls in and ending with a home being sold/bought.
- Build relationships, generate excitement, and share REX’s value proposition with prospective customers
- Respond to and convert inbound leads, which include phone calls and written inquiries (e.g. chat, email); collaborate with team members to ensure phone shifts are covered
- Partner with the sales team to secure new customer appointments, generate sales activity reports, coordinate transactions, and prepare agreements
- Comply with REX policy and all state/legal statutes
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume, customer-facing or sales role
- Possess communication skills, especially phone presence and energy Ability to manage and nurture prospects and customer follow-up through a CRM
- Exhibit REX’s brand attributes: creative and innovative problem solver with the desire to be an industry changer to make buying and selling of real estate better for consumers
- Proficient in productivity and web-based tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google hangouts, Google docs/sheets
- A high degree of professionalism; able to remain calm and rational in times of confusion, rapid change or pressure
- Team-oriented; willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- 1-2 years of real estate experience. Holds a real estate license in one of these states: California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania.
Compensation and Benefits:
REX offers an attractive compensation and health benefits package with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.
Annual Bonus + Stock Options + Paid Time Off
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.