Developer Advocate (Remote) at Liquibase
Liquibase is a thriving Open Source community with 75 million downloads and growing. We’re looking for someone who can build on this success and propel the community to the next level. We are committed to providing the very best support, guidance, and engagement to help our community be successful.
As the Developer Advocate, you will become a Power User, engage with users and contributors to provide developer training and guidance, answer questions, and foster community participation. You will represent the voice of the Open Source Community within Liquibase to help ensure our strategy is in line with community needs and requirements. In short, we are looking for a servant leader and content creator who is passionate about Open Source and gets stuff done.What you’ll do
- Provide the developer communities with whatever is needed, focusing on documentation, support, workflow tips, and code
Proactively develop technical content that generates long-term impact for our fast-growing developer community
- Develop a structured and scalable approach to working with all community roles, community onboarding, and developers to ensure an effective experience
- Define and execute engaging programs that grow our community and empower contributors to be the best they can be and do great work
- Build authentic relationships across multiple industries and communities to help foster collaboration
- Inform the roadmaps of Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to include features the community needs
- 3+ years of experience building and managing online technical communities
- Extensive track record developing technical content
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, git, GitHub, and related tools
- A portfolio that shows successful integration of company brand, voice, and messaging into developed technical content.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, managing multiple competing priorities
- Naturally inclined to represent Liquibase and the community in a way that is professional and courteous - no punks, no jerks!
- The courage to challenge our assumptions and our culture
- 3+ years of software development, preferable open source
- Examples of effectively facilitating complex and sensitive community management situations with humility, judgment, tact, and humor
Perks of Life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401K (US-only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact
- Our work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers. We value individual freedom and embrace remote work.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place!