Dir-Technology at Ascension
Are you a talented Director of Technology with a healthcare background? Apply today!
What You Will Do
Direct and oversee information systems activities and resources.
- Develop departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the technological, clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepare departmental budgets and ensures the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinate and direct internal/external audits.
- Direct and evaluate all departmental activities including research, design and development of new technologies, service level determination and complaint management.
- Develops partnerhip with senior management. Works with other senior managers and senior users in strategic technology issues.
- Establishe strategic direction and oversight in order to ensure that technology resources will be optimized and expenses managed.
- Establishe strategic direction and oversight in order to ensure that project resources will be optimized and priorities continuously reviewed.
- Establishe processes to ensure that the organization is continually aware of the activities of competitors and the industry in general.
- Ensure that projects are in place to meet business needs quickly and efficiently. Ensures alignment of technology strategy and plans with business plans and operational needs.
- Develop partnership with senior management.
- Work with other senior managers and senior users in strategic technology issues.
- Provide technology leadership for a broad technology discipline.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Master's degree preferred.
• 5 years of experience required.• 10 years of experience preferred.• 2 years of leadership or management experience required.• 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.