RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Marketing team at RigUp is responsible for bringing this north star to life through authentic and aspirational initiatives across a wide array of customer types and stakeholders. This team also creates and drives a portfolio of one-to-many programs to drive acquisition, engagement, and retention among platform users.
RigUp is hiring a Director of Events that will be responsible for customer facing events on the marketing team, from trade shows to RigUp hosted executive events. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has more than 7+ years of event management and has built event teams and processes in high-growth companies. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for developing and executing company's global events strategy and program that aligns with the larger company's goals, objectives and budget
- Owns trade shows, conferences, roadshows, annual client event, and all customer/prospect facing events
- Building out pre and post event process and leads support
- Developing event ROI model and managing event programs budget
- Metrics and reporting, team support structure, cross-functional marketing alignment
- Content development and executive communication
What you should have:
- Minimum 7 years, ideally 10+ years of event management experience
- Background in managing, developing, coaching a team
- Strong communication skills (executive communications is a plus)
- Highly organized with project management experience
- Strong listening skills in order to provide a proper solution
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams
- Comfortable with startup speed and ambiguity
- Collaborative instincts and team-first attitude
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description