Director of Merchandising at Favor (Austin, TX)
- Lead a Merchandising and Content Quality team in defining and executing operational goals
- Using customer and merchant insights, develop and operationalize a calendar for marketplace promotions by market, category, and/or merchant grouping
- Develop and maintain segment-specific homepages and discovery areas that drive conversion, discovery, revenue, and/or delivery speed outcomes
- Partner with Marketing on the development of playbooks for expanding awareness and trial of new categories to segments who have not tried them
- Partner with FP&A and Business Analytics to maximize revenue through pricing
- Partner with Product & Engineering to drive tooling and systems improvements to drive sessions, discovery, and conversion; and to drive customer experience improvements related to editorial content; navigation; search; browse, and check-out
- Aid in the development and delivery of menu content to ensure quality at scale
- Drive process improvements that will enable the team to support ever growing business demands
- Manage the relationship with key external partners.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- 8+ years of experience in ecommerce merchandising and curation; experience at a start-up or food company preferred
- Strong interest in and knowledge of food and restaurant trends
- 4+ years of experience in direct people management
- Experience measuring impact against operational metrics
- Demonstrated passion for ecommerce merchandising; passion for food and restaurant editorial a plus
- Strong work ethic with an ability to handle multiple new initiatives simultaneously
- Customer-centric mind with experience in personalization, segmentation, and cross-selling
- Familiarity with how merchandising decisions impact operations and financial performance
- Proven success in business process re-engineering optimization
- An open, communicative, and reliable leader who is able to collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, organizational leaders, as well as direct reports
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.