The Director of Merchandising will work across all facets of the business, including but not limited to category taxonomy, team management, In app modular and menu content, promotions and growth strategies. They own and set the overall strategic direction for the business unit and align with broader Favor core strategies. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a team minded approach in navigating interesting, complex challenges.
- Lead a Merchandising and Content Quality team in defining and executing operational goals
- Using customer and merchant insights, develop and operationalize a calendar for marketplace promotions by market, category, and/or merchant grouping
- Develop and maintain segment-specific homepages and discovery areas that drive conversion, discovery, revenue, and/or delivery speed outcomes
- Partner with Marketing on the development of playbooks for expanding awareness and trial of new categories to segments who have not tried them
- Partner with FP&A and Business Analytics to maximize revenue through pricing
- Partner with Product & Engineering to drive tooling and systems improvements to drive sessions, discovery, and conversion; and to drive customer experience improvements related to editorial content; navigation; search; browse, and check-out
- Aid in the development and delivery of menu content to ensure quality at scale
- Drive process improvements that will enable the team to support ever growing business demands
- Manage the relationship with key external partners.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- 8+ years of experience in ecommerce merchandising and curation; experience at a start-up or food company preferred
- Strong interest in and knowledge of food and restaurant trends
- 4+ years of experience in direct people management
- Experience measuring impact against operational metrics
- Demonstrated passion for ecommerce merchandising; passion for food and restaurant editorial a plus
- Strong work ethic with an ability to handle multiple new initiatives simultaneously
- Customer-centric mind with experience in personalization, segmentation, and cross-selling
- Familiarity with how merchandising decisions impact operations and financial performance
- Proven success in business process re-engineering optimization
- An open, communicative, and reliable leader who is able to collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, organizational leaders, as well as direct reports
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description