Director of Underwriting and Compliance
AffiniPay is looking for a Director of Underwriting and Compliance. This position will drive strategies and execution regarding: 1) credit card merchant acquiring underwriting policies, 2) monitoring our merchant portfolio for risk, 3) compliance with federal/state banking laws and regulations, card network rules, and 4) alignment with our sponsoring bank’s rules and requirements.
- Ensuring the company is complying with all applicable banking rules and regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act, KYC, OFAC, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with the card networks (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) rules and requirements.
- Continuing to refine our underwriting policies and procedures and update as needed.
- Ensuring the company is using best in class risk tools and accurately applying underwriting techniques to minimize risk to the company.
- Preparing the periodic reporting required by AffiniPay’s bank sponsor on the performance of the processing portfolio.
- Identifying potential areas of credit risk, compliance risk, operational risk, or poor customer experience by continually assessing our processes and implementing procedures to address deficiencies.
- Assisting Team Managers/Leads with daily operation of the department as needed.
- Promoting a risk-aware culture, and ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- At least 8 years of proven experience in banking, risk, or compliance of which a minimum of 3 years should be in a credit underwriting role, preferably within the payment card industry.
- Requires 5+ years of proven leadership responsibility.
- Possess knowledge of the acquiring credit card business with respect to industry trends, business risk factors, merchant signing requirements and other operational procedures associated with boarding merchants.
- Well-developed management, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, project management and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to read and fully understand personal and business credit reports in order to assess a merchant’s financial condition and wherewithal to handle the obligations of a merchant credit card processing account
- Demonstrates accuracy with particular attention to detail in a work setting that requires effective time-management skills and strict adherence to deadlines
- Proven abilities in supervising direct reports including conducting performance management.
- The ability to formulate, document, and implement formal policies and procedures.
Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Competitive PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun destination quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to get in on the ground floor of one of Austin's fastest growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.