Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.About this Opportunity
Homeward is looking for an Encompass Admin to join the team responsible for the design, implementation, and success of our mortgage tech stack. This individual’s responsibilities will include developing relationships with end users of Encompass & related integrations, managing work queues, contributing to technical discussions regarding process implementation, building resources to help end users self-service their needs, and more. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes pride in ownership of their projects, is able to organize cross-departmental communication, and develop multi-option strategies for problem resolutions.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.In this role, you will:
- Work directly with members of our Operations team to help our customers when buying and selling a new home
- Join a growing mortgage tech team and have an immediate impact on the company
- Collaborate on projects ranging from 3rd party integrations to development of new business processes that promote efficiency, scalability, and risk mitigation
- Focus on bridging the gap between engineering and end users
- Contribute to documentation, product scoping, and training
- Collaborate on analyzing and establishing systems
- Work side-by-side with our existing mortgage tech experts
- Work closely with our end users to communicate expectations and prioritizations
- Examine current and new business procedures
- Identify effective solutions for business software system issues
- Report common patterns, questions, and other issues to management
- Recommend solutions for improving and restructuring company procedures
- 2+ years of technical experiences with a mortgage LOS such as Encompass
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage an inbound stream of requests
- Understanding of how systems operate from an administrative perspective
- Ability to be flexible, wear many hats, pivot, and enjoy a dynamic environment
- Ownership is paramount to the success of our team
- Self-starter mentality with experience devising and testing hypotheses and implementing research plans; someone who can help the business identify the right questions to ask
- Ability to analyze and report on multiple offering and/or solutions for a given problem
- An open and collaborative mentality, Homeward is rapidly growing and working within the mortgage tech stacks will require elegant and creative solutions
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with stakeholders to communicate and deliver outcomes
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.