Executive Assistant - Special Projects Team at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is looking for a bright, proactive, and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support our Senior Vice President of Special Projects based in San Francisco.
We are looking for a strategic, proactive, EA to join our small tight-knit team to help us push initiatives across the finish line. As EA, you will maintain calendars, assist the team with complex international travel arrangements, and act as the liaison for coordinating high-priority partner meetings. You will be building presentation decks, moving contracts through the signing process, and submitting Purchase Orders on behalf of the Special Projects Team.
Your job is to keep our executives organized, prioritized, and productive while we grow from 1200+ employees and beyond. This role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple high-priority requests. It also requires the ability to work with team members at all levels, sometimes under pressure. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is important, as is a positive attitude. The ideal candidate is a seasoned EA who understands the value of cultivating relationships and prides themselves in being a career EA.
- Admin: Provide excellent administrative support to Cloudflare’s executives, exercising high attention to detail and discretion in every matter. Plan, coordinate, and execute meeting set-up and events. Including room set-ups, light catering, Audio/Visual set up, attendance tracking and materials distribution. Provide agendas, detailed data, information, and resources to the executive in preparation for meetings.
- Calendar: Proactively own and flawlessly execute your executives’ calendars, prioritizing with purpose, deflecting with tact, and understanding both the short- and long-term impacts of each confirmed, declined, and rescheduled meeting. Ensuring your executives are equipped with all the necessary meeting information, and managing all inbound and outbound requests.
- Travel: Plan all aspects of domestic and international travel, optimizing and balancing your executive's time with the cost of travel; monitoring flights for up to the minute changes; ensuring all documents are secured and up-to-date.
- Facetime: Liaise with members of your executive’s personal and professional network, including investors, members of the board of directors, political figures, business leaders, and family members.
- Administrative Assistance: Manage and maintain administrative duties by ensuring timely submission of expense reports, monitoring executive presence, and brand, and collaborating with various stakeholders to help fulfill Cloudflare’s mission.
- EA Team: Our EA team has a high degree of camaraderie and so the ideal candidate will enjoy partnering closely with their peers and foster teamwork.
- You have 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant in a high growth environment. Prior experience supporting a VP or C Suite Level Executive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, Coupa, and major airline carrier’s platforms
- Exhibits a strong work ethic, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Incredibly organized and resourceful, able to juggle and multi-task with acute attention to detail and follow-through
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.