At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!About the department
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to support our commercial hardware engagement with strategic partners (focused on server and network equipment). You will be part of a team focused on sourcing key hardware technologies and executing on the commercial strategy for Cloudflare’s 200+ data centers. Cloudflare takes a long term and technical approach to hardware sourcing, comparing ourselves to the best in class cloud companies. You will lead the team on ambitious goals for our hardware sourcing around technology cost, quality, and supply.What you'll do
- Own key hardware sourcing and procurement efforts across compute, storage and network hardware in support of Cloudflare’s rapid global infrastructure expansion.
- Understand the commercial and technical benefits of hardware technologies and convey strategic value of Cloudflare in order to develop long-lasting partnerships with key industry players.
- Develop long term Total Cost of Ownership targets and lead complex, multi-party negotiations to achieve key Technology, Quality, Cost and Supply targets.
- Introduce cross-functional processes (e.g, RFX, QBR) to ensure improved evaluation of new and existing hardware vendors.
- Partner with Hardware engineering on new technology and existing products.
- Manage relationships with server, network and sub-component companies (CPU, storage, networking technologies).
- Partner with key internal stakeholders across infrastructure and engineering teams to support the growth of Cloudflare’s hardware fleet.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3+ years experience working with server technology manufacturers (ODMs and network equipment manufacturers)
- Intellectual curiosity, particularly around technology
- Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or engineering field or an equivalent amount of professional experience
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable managing teams/projects with tight deadlines in an ambiguous environment
- Highly organized and able to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Prior experience managing programs across multiple, large cross- functional teams.
- Engineering or analytical background preferred
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.