At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
The Globalization Lead will be responsible for owning, defining and leading Cloudflare’s globalization strategy, operations and technology platform, with a primary focus on supporting go-to-marketing functions (Sales, Marketing, Support). You’ll apply your deep domain knowledge and experience in web and email globalization, localization project management, translation management system, machine translation and international expansion to help our customers and prospects around the world understand the value of Cloudflare across languages and culture.
We’re looking for an inspiring leader who can be a player coach while scale the globalization function and team as our company grows. You’ll lead a team of program managers and collaborate across the global sales, marketing and support organization to translate, localize and customize relevant content while guiding regional teams to create market-appropriate content that will resonate with the target audience. You’ll also work with product and engineering to ensure our globalization infrastructure and technology platform can support both current and future use cases.
- Lead the go-to-market globalization project management, operations, and technology infrastructure initiatives and teams
- Hire, inspire, develop and retain a globally distributed team in San Francisco, Austin, London and Singapore
- Develop and maintain key relationships with culturally and geographically diverse sales & marketing leads and stakeholders
- Oversee the end-to-end localization and transcreation programs from planning, budgeting to delivery and QA.
- Manage the vendors and linguists network to ensure continuous improvement of quality and productivity
- Help drive significant improvement in international SEO and revenue growth through special cross-functional globalization initiatives
- Allocate resources and budget to efficiently maximize business outcomes
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 10+ years of experience leading globalization / localization at fast growing technology companies preferably with SaaS business model
- 4+ years experience managing a high-performing, technical team in a distributed environment
- Deep domain expertise in localization lifecycle, CAT tools, TMS and adapting to local cultures
- Technical understanding of common web development tools, content management systems and marketing automation platforms. Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies
- Experience collaborating across multiple internal departments and teams, building effective relationships and influencing change
- Strong network and relationship with localization vendors, project managers and linguists
- Experience negotiating, writing and enacting contracts (from RFP to signature)
- Professional fluency in English and at least one of the following languages: Chinese, French, Germany, Japanese
- BA/BS degree; Master degree preferred
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.