We are seeking a Head of Capital Markets to manage all aspects of our funding including the identification of prospective lenders, negotiation of term sheets and credit facilities, oversight for weekly borrowings, Board and VC presentations and the strategic determination of appropriate funding plans to support our growth. Homeward requires a self-starter with complete and absolute fluency in the capital markets arena.Our offering
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their current one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they're going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the U.S. We're passionate about our mission to empower customers and their agent partners to buy before they sell while making the entire experience more convenient and certain. We've attracted a strong customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are growing our team to help us deliver our unique solution, and continue evolving our business.
Homeward is backed by top-tier venture investors like Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. We’ve raised over $25 million in equity and secured over $100 million in debt to buy homes for our customers. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology spaces.Values
“Treat others how you want to be treated.” We’re building our company culture and customer experience with this as the guiding principle. It’s a simple rule, but emphasizes that we don’t prioritize money or growth over people.
We don’t chase every opportunity and rush from urgent task to urgent task. We relax, stay calm, and focus on our company-wide objectives. If something is out of scope, we say “no”. If something feels rushed we slow down and think it through so we can avoid unnecessary rework later. We don’t bombard each other with notifications expecting instant response times. We block off time for deep work so we can get into the flow and create solutions our customers love. Multi-tasking isn’t effective or enjoyable.
Cross Functional Collaboration
We look at our customers’ experience wholistically and recognize that improving it requires support from multiple functions. Given this, we’re excellent collaborators. No function is more important than another and we’re eager to work as a team to solve our customers’ toughest problems. We value strong internal alignment, and take pride in understanding and considering our teammates' perspectives before expressing our own.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement a 2 year funding plan that ensures the availability of committed credit to fund the portfolio at an appropriate cost and without unnecessary covenants/conditions to hamper future growth.
- Identify potential venture debt, mezz, and warehouse capital providers. Solicit and evaluate term sheets. Select lead banks. Negotiate and structure final terms.
- Oversee the diligence process for all lender and VC investors, including deck preparation, analysis and structuring feedback.
- Manage relationships with our lending partners and maintain connectivity with other lending institutions that may become lending partners in the future.
- Oversee all aspects of our warehouse facilities, including advances, mortgage and DoT filings, interest payments, covenant compliance, etc.
- Identify areas of challenge, recommend corrective action and advise the CEO, CFO, and the Board in a timely manner to ensure the continuous availability of committed credit to fund the business in any market condition.
- Participate in strategic and financial planning activities of the business. Lend C-level awareness to how capital/funding interacts and impacts other elements of the business.
- Recommend solutions that accommodate conflicting business needs.
- Understand market terms, pricing and deal structure. Effectively negotiate with lenders to extract most favorable terms and maximize capital efficiency.
- Maintain expertise and keep abreast of industry trends, technology, regulatory requirements and the competitive environment.
- Supervise and set performance standards, manage workflow, evaluate performance and recommend personnel action as appropriate.
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience working within a high performance start-up environment
- Experience working for a large bank or credit fund in a sales/structuring/origination role
- Expert knowledge of non-recourse and structured finance techniques.
- Basic familiarity with regulatory requirements in the lending space
- Debt restructuring and equity raising experience
- Proven ability to find capital solutions in the midst of dislocated market conditions or challenging business performance
- Experience interfacing at the Board level
- Excellent business acumen and decision-making skills. Ability to devise solutions to capital markets challenges
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on commitments within tight time frames and competing priorities
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively to all levels of management, staff, and with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in GoogleDocs