We're looking for an experienced Group Manager to lead a growing team charged with managing the Support engagement of our key strategic customers, assessing crucial customer themes, educating and influencing internal and external teams, and leading critical customer challenges towards resolution. If you love leading and scaling teams, and helping strategic customers navigate through short and long-term challenges and opportunities, then this is the role for you!
You'll lead the Escalation Management and Support Account Management functions within the Customer Support Services (CSS) team, defining clear strategies, ensuring the delivery of key outcomes and focus on continuous improvement.
The Escalation Manager is a critical customer champion that will work with our Support Leadership, Product Management, and Development teams to ensure that our customer's voice is heard. Externally, this role will work with key strategic customers and partner experts, to coordinate and drive the resolution of critical issues.
The Support Account Manager will be responsible for the overall customer support health of assigned customers. They will meet with customers on a regular basis to review the progress on ongoing Support issues, clarify priorities and next steps and ensure the delivery of legendary support, building a strong relationship with key customer contacts and with our internal teams to remove roadblocks and facilitate communication, collaboration and prioritization.
More about You
- You are an experienced leader who deeply understands the technical Support area, especially managing large Enterprise customers.
- You have experience working directly with large Enterprise customers, engaging with them in critical escalations, managing internal and external expectations through clear and proactive communication at the Executive level, and leading towards resolution.
- You have experience with assessing trends and overall customer themes, identifying critical priorities and ensuring your team is actively delivering on them, and influencing external teams to focus on the most impactful areas.
Some major areas of accountability
- Drive critical customer escalations towards resolution. Lead communication efforts on high-impact customer issues, directly engaging with customers or through your team. Prioritize, coordinate and spark follow-up actions within the Atlassian team. Demonstrate ownership through regular meeting cadence & communications with internal and customer contacts, managing customer expectations on status and timelines.
- Ensure legendary support delivery to key strategic customers. Scale the Support Account Management function by defining internal processes, cross-departmental workflows, and customer engagement models to ensure high-quality service delivery.
- Educate the organization by sharing customer feedback and trends. Promote collaboration across our Support, Technical Account Management, Product, and Engineering teams to achieve real outcomes!
- Emphasize the priority and urgency of issues into the product teams for key fixes. Promote the right outcome through resolving our customer's critical situations via effective partnership.
- Continuously improve processes and frameworks for Support Account Management and Escalation Management.
- Educate and promote standard methodologies for demonstrating Enterprise Support with customers and Partners. Help shape and improve our support services and product capabilities.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 8+ years of experience leading forward-facing support or technical account management teams where customer effort and satisfaction are a priority.
- 10+ years managing Enterprise-level escalations.
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Strong communication skills at multiple organizational levels, including C-level.
- Experience leading a distributed team.
- Demonstrable ability to drive a cross-functional team to execute against a strategy you devised.
- Exceptional behavioral assessment capability.
- Strong learning orientation.
- Deep curiosity and commitment to seek out and resolve problems, share root cause analysis to our customers and Atlassians and strategize on preventing similar problems in the future.
It's excellent but not required, if you have
- Experience working with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Deep familiarity with various technologies such as Microservices, Databases, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3), and the ability to work with observability data inside platforms such as Splunk & SignalFx.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .