Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For, and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As the Head of Information Security and Compliance, you will help Wheel maintain a security & privacy-first culture, and implement robust security solutions needed to maintain client and patient trust in our “AWS of Virtual Care” platform.
- Work closely with the engineering team to support 24/7/365 multi-cloud operations, provide maximum uptime and security
- Implement new security tools and systems based on InfoSec policies
- Evaluate security tooling implementation; recommend and deploy enhancements
- Assist in developing, implementing, and enforcing policies to enhance physical, network, and system security
- Recommend technical security policies and implement, or consult with the engineering team on, remediations
- Ensure adherence to secure development practices
- Become the subject matter expert on customer security and compliance topics
- Develop and maintain answers to common customer questions about Wheel security, compliance certifications, and evolving privacy/security regulations
- Respond to customer requests including contributing to RFPs, completing security questionnaires, and meeting with customers to answer their security questions
- Contribute to customer-facing policies, and other resources that can be shared with customers on SOC 2, HIPAA, and other security/compliance topics
- You have one or more recognized security and cloud-specific certifications, e.g., CCSP, SSCP, CISSP, CCSK
- Experience with the following: implementing enterprise-grade security solutions; Designing, implementing, and supporting SaaS environments; Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using CircleCI or similar CI tooling; Configuration management software and Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform) scripting in Python, Bash, or similar
- Strong understanding of security solutions or activities such as IDS/IPS solutions; Static, Dynamic, and Interactive security assessment solutions; Penetration Test tooling and external Penetration Test offerings; Safeguards for network security including perimeter and lateral movement; Recurring security scans and develop remediation plans; Vulnerability management using tools like Nessus; Security SIEMs like AlienVault or SecurityCenter; Malware and AntiVirus detection and prevention tools
- Experience with the fundamentals of the following/similar: OWASP and other security standards; SOC-2, HITRUST, and other auditing techniques
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic background. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description