Head of Partners at Volusion
Volusion, named “Best Place to Work” by Austin Business Journal (2018) and “Coolest Company” by Austin Inno (2018), is looking for a Head of Partners to join our senior leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, you will have a tremendous impact on the ongoing success of the company and become the front-line face to all partnerships. We are about to launch our open agency, developer and partner ecosystem to grow the $3.5B our merchants processed in 2018.
You will lead a team responsible for identifying, negotiating and successfully executing strategic partnerships. You will contribute to our overall corporate strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with the investment community, startups and larger players in ecommerce and adjacent technology sectors. This is a unique opportunity to lead a team situated at the intersection of product, marketing, engineering, sales and the broader strategic efforts at Volusion.Expectations
- Define and execute against a partnership strategy focused on increasing product-market fit and merchant acquisition.
- Build a lean and high-performing business development team capable of delivering meaningful results in areas directly related to a partnership program as well as other areas such as marketing and sales.
- Identify and manage partnership priorities for areas such as Product and Payments.
- Negotiate partnership commercial agreements, financial terms, product requirements, and go-to-market strategies across digital and offline.
- Participate, host, and represent Volusion at various trade shows and conferences.
- Present Volusion’s value propositions to developers, founders, merchants and partners to address their key business needs, in order to increase Volusion’s partnership ecosystem.
- Create and improve partnership contracts, workflows, collateral as well as internal systems needed to scale Volusion’s partnership program to support hundreds of the industry’s best technology and channel partners.
- Demonstrate immediate merchant acquisition growth via quantitative and qualitative reporting.
- Create awareness, adoption and success stories around Volt, our modern and revolutionary site-building offering that provides agencies and technical builders with the ability to launch fast (pagespeed), beautiful, responsive websites quicker than any other platform on the market.
- Manage relationships with our top existing agency and app partners, providing them with the education, feedback and tools to grow their businesses
- Solid understanding of marketing, and can roll-up your sleeves to create engaging partner marketing content and distribution across our digital footprint.
Attributes & Experience
- 8+ years experience leading business development teams and strategic initiatives.
- A high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability and willingness to work hard.
- Passionate about ecommerce, specifically for SMBs.
- Solid understanding of SaaS, as well as partnership ecosystems for SaaS products.
- You have a network and established relationships with key decision-makers that extends to the executive level within the commerce and adjacent technology sectors.
- You are product-driven and are known to develop strong relationships with the product teams.
- You have worked for industry leading technology companies, including fast-paced startups in a similar sector.
- A strong embodiment of our culture code. We hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!
- You have a reputation for outstanding leadership, team building and inspiring teams to produce outstanding results.
- Drive contract negotiations with partners and merchants, leveraging internal legal and business partners as appropriate.
- You are able to manage a budget effectively.
Perk & Benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Breakfast Taco Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Standing desk
- Team Sports and Team Outings