LTL Operations Specialist
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As an LTL Operations Specialist, you will possess a background and expertise in LTL and Final Mile freight. You will execute tasks with great detail and urgency in every shipment you manage in the Shipwell network.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Proficiently Quote, Book, and Track all LTL shipments in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform missing PRO tracking timely each morning and proactively alert customer(s) as needed
- Audit and/or Dispute variances that are received for LTL shipments and communicate effectively to the appropriate Account Manager or Customer
- Successfully log and track all open claims opened by our customers
- Be a SME when working with Account Manager or creating solutions for the customer
- Prospecting and qualifying new carriers in key national markets for our LTL customers
- Successfully book, retain and share insurance for all LTL Customers
- Working with the LTL Team Lead on continued improvements, training, and coaching
- Other tasks assigned by your leadership team
What you need to have:
- 2+ years experience working with LTL freight
- Experience navigating carrier portals
- Experience dispatching LTL carriers and negotiating pricing
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and basic technical skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
What is Preferred:
- BA/BS degree
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.