Manager, Customer Success Community at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Manager, Customer Success Community for our Austin Four Points Office. This position will represent BigCommerce Support in social media and our community to facilitate customer dialogue and cross-communication, enable the ‘voice of the customer’ in ways that support the success of our customers, and communicate relevant company updates. As a member of the Self-Service team, you will work closely with your teammates who are responsible for how-to videos, the knowledge base, the support site, and customer education so that the information and messaging you are giving to customers is consistent with other content and that customer feedback informs and generates other content.
You will lead the Community Moderators and also work with other teams in Customer Success to stay on top of issues that are affecting our customers, and with Marketing to ensure that your messaging is on-brand and attuned to broader company initiatives.
The Manager, Customer Success Community will scale community support programs over time by ensuring the ongoing active participation of customers, partners, and employees in the creation and delivery of content.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively monitor the BigCommerce community engagement to ensure customer questions and issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Promote BigCommerce in tandem with the Marketing team in various social media avenues, with a focus on enabling customer success
- Directly manage, lead, and coach the Community Support Representative team
- Drive increased participation in the community through social media, and internal promotion from Sales, Support, and Marketing
- Work to implement technologies that enable “social listening” across channels and the assessment of ongoing customer sentiment
- Provide ongoing reporting of all key metrics
- Actively coach and serve as the main point of contact for other community moderators, including doing QA of their responses for accuracy and brand voice
- Work across departments to document and share customer feedback about new features and known issues, including helping to organize and manage customer beta groups
- Work with the knowledge base team to update or create content based on customer feedback and discussions
- Be available to monitor the community at night or over the weekend if there’s a widespread issue affecting the business
Who You Are:
- Experience supporting the BigCommerce product and/or running a BigCommerce store is preferred
- Knowledge of the customer Success process is preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete them in a timely manner
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities effectively
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years content creation and community-management experience is preferred
- Customer-centric, proven ability to effectively communicate with detail to a diverse audience
- Previous experience working in e-Commerce software is desired
- Excellent writing skills including spelling, grammar, and English composition
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to monitor multiple channels simultaneously
- Understanding of social media methodologies, concepts, approaches
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills/relationship building
- Understanding of Salesforce Service Cloud and reporting
- Enterprise social listening tools preferred (Experience with Simply Measured is a plus)
- Knowledge of Social Community software such as Lithium or Jive is preferred
- Experience with Blogging/Content Management software such as Wordpress or Squarespace
- SEO/Google Analytics experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings