Manager, IT Operations Engineering at Blackbaud
About the role:
As an Infrastructure Manager in Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations (IECO), you will be responsible for managing a cross functional team of experienced engineers maintaining and supporting the compute and storage layers of the infrastructure across multiple private and public cloud environments. You will focus on improving quality and process, and advancing the teams automation and engineering capabilities, to deliver highly scalable, reliable, secure and performant platform that delights our customers. Also, you will relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that develops, recognizes and retains the best people and challenges them to advance their technical and engineering skills.
- Foster a culture that encourages automation and leverages metrics to make informed decisions as we transition from private to public cloud-based infrastructure.
- Manage overall day to day operations of the team to drive efficiency, improve performance, reduce cost and ultimately delight our customers by meeting SLA’s.
- Establish standards and procedures and a work practice that focuses on promoting and supporting standardization and continuous improvement.
- Utilize technical expertise and advanced knowledge of relevant infrastructure technologies and methodologies to investigate and expedite the resolution of incidents and problems.
- Participate in or lead teams in technical design, planning, and in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Collaborate with cybersecurity, compliance and application engineering teams to mitigate, monitor and manage security risk through effective vulnerability management.
- Partner with vendors to assess the relative impact of IT industry trends to our current and future infrastructure needs and ensure support contracts are maintained across the infrastructure.
- Work closely with Project Management Office to manage priorities and ensure there is an appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands.
- ·Establish and maintain regular communication with stakeholders and other decision makers regarding pertinent infrastructure activities and participate in strategic planning activities
- Design and implement short plus long term strategic plans to ensure adequate infrastructure capacity exist to handle the current and future business needs.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in an engineering function
- Minimum of 5 years of infrastructure leadership supporting large and complex 24x7 environments
- Expert level infrastructure experience spanning network, storage and compute
- Minimum of 3 years in the implementation of cloud technologies preferred
- Experience establishing and managing vendor relationships required
- Experience working with large and geographically distributed teams required
- Practical experience with ITIL required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer