Manager, Worker Trust & Safety at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Manager, Worker Trust and Safety that will be responsible for driving the performance of safety programs across our business lines and coaching and mentoring the Worker Trust and Safety team. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has experience building safety programs and measuring their impact, executing the roll out of safety and compliance programs in the field, and building trust and credibility with workers and other stakeholders.
Why Join us? The Worker Trust and Safety team at Workrise is responsible for delivering a safe work environment to our workers and safe outcomes to our customer projects.What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a team of Worker Trust and Safety program managers who drive process improvements and measure the impact of safety programs across our business units
- Effectively measure the impact and success of Worker Trust and Safety initiatives through thoughtful partnership with representatives in the field
- Publish safety performance data - including leading and lagging indicators - to make actionable recommendations to business leaders to improve safety performance
- Lead by example to build a culture of safety and compliance; drive participation from internal partners in the Safety Committee
- Standardize reporting, policies, and programs across business lines where possible, while understanding the unique needs of each business unit
- Partner with managers in HR, HSE and Field Operations to streamline safety program operations and build for scale
- Build relationships with workers, business unit partners, and external stakeholders including but not limited to adjusters, case managers, and insurance brokers, to drive better outcomes
- Develop Worker Trust and Safety Program Managers to act as effective subject matter experts
- Coordinate with legal, human resources, field operations, and worker experience to roll out Worker Trust and Safety initiatives and programs to the field
- 5+ years of people management experience with direct reports
- 5+ years of progressive experience in risk management, worker trust and safety, or crisis management teams is preferred
- 3+ years experience working in high hazard industries and/or supporting workers with physical jobs
- Experience building and optimizing processes that can scale
- Experience proposing and building new programs from the ground up
- Ability to make decisions, handle difficult questions, and maintain a calm demeanor in in a rapidly changing environment
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!