Network Engineer at Compeat
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will actively engage in navigating the intersection of engineering and operations.
Compeat is a SaaS company that supports an industry that affects everyone you know - the restaurant industry! And the restaurants need us and our quality products now more than ever! You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. You’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
The ideal person for this job will dive into the details to understand a complex system of environments and applications, with a drive to identify opportunities to streamline and automate wherever possible. You are someone that keeps up with industry trends and effectively adapts to rapidly evolving technologies. You thrive in a culture that leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
This role is part of our amazing Development Operation (DevOps) team and part of the larger engineering organization. We are all working remotely now due to COVID-19, but we're still collaborating, productive and looking for new teammates that can thrive in a remote work setting.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for the overall health and stability of the networks supporting our applications, systems, and environments.
- Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset, aligned on business priorities, with a focus on operational effectiveness metrics.
- Provide technical oversight for evaluation, planning, analysis, development, and implementation of network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, VPN), including providing roadmaps, processes, and procedures for both project work and general organizational.
- Install networking technologies and supporting networks. You will assess existing network configurations and make recommendations based on product specifications.
- Configure equipment and software to meet business needs, train others on the solution, and document the solution for ongoing support.
- Function as part of a team on larger projects, or individually provide the services on support visits or smaller projects.
- Provide technical support and assist with the design of network solutions.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations, and other key stakeholders to engineer reliable, scalable, secure, and cost-effective solutions for our customers
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste, and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service, followed by pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Experience collaborating with third-party support and service vendors to ensure to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
What You’ll Need:
- Deep experience in Juniper and Cisco switches (Layer 2 and 3 routing).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Experience administering Cisco ASA and Fortigate firewalls and other security devices in production environments.
- Hands-on experience in implementation of networks between datacenter and Public clouds.
- Good understating of networking in public clouds such as VPC subnetting and routing/NAT Gateways/Internet Gateways in AWS. Understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models required (AWS and Microsoft Azure preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting network infrastructure in complex environments.
- An in-depth understanding of routing protocols (BGP/OSPF/EIGRP) and routed protocols.
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders
Compeat Hiring Practices:
Compeat is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Compeat!
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.