Office Manager at Bestow
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:54 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Who We Are
First thing you need to know; Bestow is not your typical insurance company. We’ve completely reimagined industry assumptions, and harnessed technology and big data to create life insurance products that aren’t just delightful to use but deliver on our mission: to make financial products accessible to more people than ever before.
Check us out at hellobestow.com
Who We’re Looking For
“Innovative” and “disruptive” can be overused words. But at Bestow, it isn’t jargon, it’s an everyday rally cry. We are rewriting the rules of the 400-year-old, $7 trillion life insurance industry, serving communities who have been underserved in the past, and we believe the future is a bright one.
So, if you’re excited by the idea of being a part of a well funded startup, working at a mission-driven company and fundamentally shaking up an age-old industry, please read on.
We’re looking for a driven and enthusiastic self-starter who can help set up and run our Austin office of 22 employees and growing!
As our Office Manager, you will work with a high degree of autonomy to support the administration and operations of the Austin office, with additional employee support, such as on-boarding and light HR systems management. Essentially, we’re looking for a highly organized and motivated individual to serve as our unofficial “groundskeeper” by doing everything and anything that needs to be done to keep the office from sinking into a state of utter chaos.
Your positive, energetic, and optimistic personality will create a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the office. You are always willing to help in any way you can, while also keeping an upbeat attitude.
Develop, maintain and source vendor relationships and service providers, as well as oversee vendors for repairs or installations.
Work with our executive team to design and implement office policies and guidelines.
Coordinate office meals and team lunches, maintain stocked food and drinks on a weekly basis, procure equipment and inventory as needed, including setup, general office inventories, office cleanliness and general office maintenance.
Work closely with all employees and departments to build unparalleled knowledge of our office’s inner workings.
We’re going to count on you to solve a variety of IT problems, including unclogging printer jams, resolving minor teleconferencing issues, and more, so it’s important you cultivate sharp problem-solving skills.
Partner closely with our Dallas office manager to plan and execute company retreats, office-wide meetings, office relocations, and other special events.
Provide executive email and calendar management including scheduling meetings, appointments, conference calls, & other internal/external engagements.
Serve as a liaison across teams and work with departments across the company as needed.
Assist with presentations, and meeting materials.
Assist Human Resources with high-level responsibilities such as on-boarding and orientation, training and other special projects, working to ensure a new or existing employee has a positive first impression and experience.
Assist with candidate onsite interview greeting if needed.
Provide new hire and candidate support including welcome gifts and swag bags.
A Little About You
- 4+ years of professional work experience in an office or facilities management role or 5-7 years’ administrative experience in a fast-paced environment, 3+ at the senior level
- Experience in a growing, fast-paced environment (tech preferred). Start-up environment is a plus
- Event execution and vendor management experience (holiday parties, company-wide events, etc)
- Proactive vs reactive with the demonstrated desire and ability to multitask and handle multiple and ever-changing priorities in a fluid startup environment
- Creative problem-solver with keen ability to relentlessly solve for solutions to problems
- Tech savvy with expertise in accurate typing, spreadsheets, expense, billing, and other office software including Microsoft Office suite and able to learn new tools quickly
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with an ability to speak to how you accomplish this effectively
- Unparalleled flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional hours on occasion for any urgent after hours matters
- Team player mentality with an ability to work under pressure and go the extra mile
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Passionate about company culture and representing the best of who we are
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with all levels of management, employees, vendors and customers
- Magnetic personality, a sense of humor, get-it-done attitude, ability to adapt to change and a knack for identifying needs as well as potential solutions
- Strong business acumen and the ability to quickly learn and absorb new information
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description