Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 100+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Who you are
You are the glue of our Field Operations team. By leveraging your strong communication and organization skills you keep our Field Operations team moving forward on key priorities. By acting as an owner, each day your efforts directly impact our execution timelines, business intelligence and operating procedures. You are comfortable interacting and holding accountable several stakeholders - both internal and external - across multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in fast paced environments by calmly persevering through stressful situations and finding shareable learnings and process improvements along the way.
- Coordinate scheduling across both internal and external stakeholders to help meet aggressive timelines for home repairs
- Manage a growing list of vendor relationships; continue to grow vendor network
- Proactive outreach and follow up with vendors to gather scheduling availability, quotes and invoices
- Maintain internal tracking and data integrity through both general input and digitally filing important due diligence documentation
- Respond quickly to active issues as we discover them which can occur at anytime
- Proactively identify areas for operational improvements and implement new processes
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in property management, facilities, hospitality or related field preferred.
- Previous experience dispatching not required but a big plus
- Understanding of basic technical aspects of property (computer room air-conditioning, chiller system, fire protection system, mechanical & electrical system) is advantageous.
- Proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms - Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and effectively deal with stressful situations.
- Self-motivated; confident, energetic and flexible.