About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Network Principal Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will take on the design, implementation, support and security of Blackbaud’s internal and external networks responsible for applications, infrastructure, and environments of over 45,000+ clients. Having wide-ranging experience, you will use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. . In this role, you will move the team forward by encouraging it to take risks and experiment with new ideas. You will also be required to Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead network infrastructure technical design and review existing systems to ensure optimal and efficient performance of Blackbaud’s networks.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Drive capacity and performance management for the network infrastructure to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Create and maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service, followed by root cause analysis and permanent resolution.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors expanding our workforce capacity as needed.
- Partner with Security Operations to mitigate risk, deploy firewalls and other security devices in production environments, and help to define security policies as it relates to firewall and IDS/IPS infrastructure.
- Assist in project management activities including budget preparation, and timeline determinations and participate in peer reviews
What we’ll want you to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience designing and implementing complex enterprise infrastructure network solutions.
- Experience acting as a technical lead for escalations and mentoring other members of the team
- Advanced knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting routing/switching protocols such as BGP/OSPF/EIGRP.
- Extensive experience with Cisco ISR and ASR routers, Cisco catalyst switches including Cisco catalyst 9k (9300, 9400, 9500) and Nexus (NX-OS) devices 2k, 3k, 5k, 7k, 9k
- Hands-on operational experience with Cisco FEX, NetScaler MPX and virtual VPX load balancers.
- Proven experience deploying and maintaining Site to Site VPN, DM-VPN and AnyConnect VPN’s.
- Extensive experience with Cisco and Meraki wireless devices.
- Expertise deploying firewalls such as Cisco ASA, Firepower FTD, Palo Alto, and other security devices in production environments
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required, Lean and agile methodologies experience preferred
- Practical experience in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- SD-WAN technologies
- Automation experience with python and/or Ansible.
- Proficiency with Microsoft ADO (Azure DevOps)
- CCNP or higher certification and/or CCSP or CISSP