Regional Technology Director at Ascension (Remote)
Are you a strong Technology Director with healthcare experience? Apply!
What You Will Do
- Collaborative partner/relationship manager
- Be a consultative partner to the senior leaders in ministry on all technology topics and articulate short and long term trade-offs on technology decisions
- Drive discipline in ideation, demand management, and portfolio prioritization within the market
- Track value delivered on technology projects post deployment
- Serves on ministry governance councils as a technology partner and advisor.
- IT Strategy/tech SME
- Shape and influence the market's vision for using technology
- Be an advocate for market needs through the integrated technology governance process
- Facilitate support across AT during a crisis
- Integrates solutions
- Oversees requirements and business case development when needed
- Promote new solutions, methods to improve business processes, efficiency and effectiveness or value delivered to customers
- Initiate and leads teams through change by communicating a compelling case for change
Required Travel: Moderate travel (approximately 10-20% travel)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Demonstrated experience in managing one or more of the aforementioned programs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a record of building trust-based relationships with business leaders, counseling them on broad ranging technology-related topics
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex organizations and build consensus on priorities
- Deep, intuitive understanding of technology trends and capabilities across commercial systems, digital technologies, analytics, and design
- Ability to build demand roadmaps and communicate priorities to central technology organizations
- Experience developing of technology business cases
- Track record of successfully working with customers to implement large-scale, complex technology systems (e.g., EHR, ERP platform) within their environment, minimizing disruption to business/clinical processes
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including clinicians, providers, patient care staff, consumers, engineers/software developers
What You Will Need
Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years managing large accounts of complex organizations, preferred - having worked in healthcare, for a technology development and/or services company.,
- 7+ years leading technology delivery for a complex organization or business unit
- Masters degree preferred, bachelors degree required.
Direct and oversee information systems activities and resources.
- Develop departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the technological, clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepare departmental budgets and ensure the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinate and direct internal/external audits.
- Direct and evaluate all departmental activities including research, design and development of new technologies, service level determination and complaint management.
- Develop partnership with senior management.
- Work with other senior managers and senior users in strategic technology issues.
- Establish strategic direction and oversight in order to ensure that technology resources will be optimized and expenses managed.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.