At OutboundEngine, we take great pride in the fact that we’ve been named Best Places to Work in Austin three years in a row by providing an excellent product for small business owners and by treating our employees as our most valued resources. This doesn’t just mean happy hours and snacks and the usual start-up perks (though we certainly provide those); it means that we take our employees’ comfort, career development, and feedback very seriously.
In the Retention Specialist role, you’ll be responsible for consulting and re educating customers on the value of our email and social media marketing services. Assisting our customers with their technical questions via phone and email support is also required. The Retention department also works directly with our customers to adjust their billing or product package and the cancellation of accounts . We’re a growing, dynamic department, so you’ll be expected to jump in and figure things out quickly. You’ll have to be a good listener, insanely organized, detail-oriented, friendly, and excited to know you can make a very real difference every day in a rapidly-growing business!
What You’ll Be Doing
• Consulting our customers to ensure their complete satisfaction and understanding of the value of the OutboundEngine product suite, focusing on customer satisfaction and creating a long and happy customer lifetime
• Understanding our customers concerns and tailoring a plan of action that may include adding products and services to their existing plan as well as increasing or decreasing a customer's monthly price point
• Assisting customers with technical questions and troubleshooting
• Active listening to concerns and or frustrations they may have
• Working through multiple software platforms including but not limited to Excel, Salesforce, Zendesk, and Zuora
• Representing the voice of the customer internally at OutboundEngine by taking feedback from the frontlines and sharing it with other departments
What We’re Looking For
• Previous experience on a Customer Success team or Sales team
• Excellent communication skills — in both writing and speaking
• Great attitude, effort and focus
• Viewing every interaction with our customers as an opportunity for education and consultation
• Knowing how to utilize teammates and resources to find the best solution to any problem
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure independently without constant guidance
• Familiarity with online marketing and advertising
• Reliability--we want to over-deliver with any promise we make to a customer
• Cool and calm demeanor when customers are neither cool nor calm
• Unyielding resilience, strong work-ethic, and an innate drive for personal success
• Excellent problem-solving skills; if you’re the go-to person in your current department for escalated or difficult issues, that’s a good sign
• Experience with Excel, Zendesk and Salesforce is a plus!
*please do not request a demo on our website.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary with unlimited commission potential.
- Chances to compete for amazing prizes, trips & other spiffs.
- Sales education opportunities, strong career and leadership development programs.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Generous PTO, accrue 3 weeks annually and a paid two week holiday break at the end of the year.
- Company-paid downtown parking, bus or metro pass.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches on Wednesdays.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.