Senior Director/Group Director, External Communications at W2O Group
Named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
We are seeking a Group Director/Senior Group Director, External Communications to join our growing team. In this role, you will think both big and small to build the reputation and relevance of W2O. The Director of Communications will drive executive thought leadership, media relations and social media activations to ensure audiences understand W2O’s mission and success in the healthcare space. Efforts will include a broad range of social, digital, and traditional B2B communication platforms and working with a wide variety of executives and teams. Being able to think strategically while managing multiple priorities, deadlines and projects is essential, as is having a proactive approach to solving problems and can-do attitude.
All W2O employees are working remote for the rest of 2020; once the offices re-open, this position can be in the New York City, Chicago, Austin, Boston, or San Francisco office.
- Create and manage high impact, integrated communications strategies from traditional to online and social, to boost reputation and relevance.
- Lead development of materials to inform audiences and inspire them to act.
- Bring communications strategies to life through compelling content and the use of creative design, video and digital media.
- Lead the continuing education of teams in digital best practices that keep them on the cutting edge of the industry.
- Advise leaders and executive management on communications strategies and issues management.
- Proactively plan for and react if needed to crisis and issues management.
- Recommend and lead appropriate research and analytic initiatives to support objectives.
- Lead a small team for growth, learning and dedication to #BeTheBest.
- Travel required as necessary.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise/Experience:
- Experience in both corporate and agency environments across multiple office locations and with US and global clients preferred.
- Professional services, B2B communications and marketing experience.
- Proven experience working collaboratively with senior executives.
- Comfortable – and successful – working in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Familiarity with social media, digital, video, visual, and collaboration sharing platforms.
- Ability to translate key strategic business or financial issues into messaging that resonates.
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills and ability to distill complex technology and business information into clear, concise messaging.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get the job done, no matter how big or small.
- Collaborative, enthusiastic, and positive outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working/leading in a global communications function.
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents and the Your 4th Trimester™ program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.