Sr. Director, Strategy & Operations at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Sr. Director of Strategy and Operations to ensure delivery of key initiatives and high-growth performance in a demanding environment. As a deputy of the SVP of Operations this highly visible leadership role will (1) analyze opportunities for business growth, (2) operationalize programs to capitalize on those opportunities, (3) collaborate with stakeholder teams to execute and (4) identify and mitigate risks to successful delivery. With wide-ranging responsibility for analyzing and optimizing business performance this role will guide the progress of high impact strategic initiatives across the company while managing a team of strategy analysts, change management experts, and business intelligence analysts.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, inspire, manage and mentor a team of analysts and business transformation specialists embedded across the organization to maximize performance, potential and professional growth, as well as the ability to function effectively as a team
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability
- Evaluate our strategic priorities, business performance and operational ability to recommend areas for growth investment
- Continually analyze and evaluate investments in business growth to optimize for impact and return while minimizing risk
- Engage with stakeholder teams to guide the operationalization of key strategic initiatives
- Ensure visibility into critical business performance trends through high impact business intelligence reporting and analysis; lead teams of analysts who investigate performance, understand inputs and recommend improvements to optimize for crucial business outputs
- Establish and oversee business processes and procedures to deliver cross-functional business objectives while minimizing waste
- Identify cross-functional execution risks and implement controls to detect, mitigate, and/or prevent failure
Who You Are
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional business leader with 10+ years experience in business analysis/business intelligence, operations and process design, as well as strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, mathematics, finance, etc) or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Experienced team leader and manager, with 8+ years of people management experience and a dedication to service-oriented leadership
- Data-driven decision maker with a high level of business acumen and financial reasoning; deeply technical background with a penchant for systems thinking
- Proven expertise in evaluating business opportunities, making recommendations for implementation/improvement, and ensuring timely delivery on key business objectives
- Cross-functional leader with indirect influence finesse and excellent stakeholder management; inspires confidence and collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Deep experience working with revenue-generating teams and programs with demonstrated success in improving business performance and efficiency
- Problem solver whose critical thinking skills are adaptable and fungible across many disciplines and various subject matters
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.