Sr. Manager, IT Audit at Elastic
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are seeking a highly-motivated professional to execute the IT SOX Program and assist the Head of Internal Audit in various Internal Audit activities. This is a great opportunity for a strong Internal Controls Manager to join our team to lead, develop, and scale our IT SOX control policies, processes, and audits in support of our rapid growth. We are seeking an experienced self-starter able to start fast and profoundly impact our business!What You Will Be Doing:
As the Sr Manager, Internal Audit, you will be responsible for evaluating technical aspects of systems, processes and controls, identifying and mitigating control gaps, partnering with business and engineering teams to support growth and expansion, and ensuring the company’s compliance with SOX 404 and other regulatory requirements. You will serve as a key contact for external auditors related to IT matters and work closely with them to ensure that the SOX Program meets their requirements in terms of scope, timing, and approach.
- Lead all aspects of and complete the ITGC elements of SOX compliance including quarterly and annual SOX reviews, internal audits, and ad hoc projects.
- Perform risk assessment, document walkthroughs and application scoping of internal controls
- Plan and run testing of the Elastic's IT General controls, IT application controls, and key reports.
- Advocate for continuous improvement of our system of internal controls and provide training to process owners
- Work with business and IT control owners to ensure quality, consistency, and scalability of new and existing controls.
- Establish processes to identify and communicate internal control gaps to relevant parties and supervise remediation to closure.
- Evaluate automated information processing systems, related non-automated processes and the interfaces among them
- 8+ years of IT audit experience with increasing responsibility. Experience in public accounting/consulting firms is a must.
- Detailed understanding of the latest on industry and regulatory issues and standard methodologies
- Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems or Finance/Accounting
- Industry certifications in security, technology, and/or business management. CPA, CIA or CISA strongly preferred.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at daniela.du[email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.