Sr. Technical Account Manager - United States
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Senior Technical Account Manager
The goal of the Senior Technical Account Manager is to ensure customer success, focusing both on reactive support and pro-active services to enable the customer to successfully deploy their Forcepoint solution set and achieve targeted business benefits. Living our corporate values of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, you guide the customer through all phases of the Customer Experience Blueprint, providing expertise and guidance on leading best practices for a successful enterprise security solution. You serve as a strategic advisor to customers and provide product functionality, technology, and implementation expertise by delivering a combination of technical consulting and project management skills.
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with both Technical staff and Sr. Management from the customer team, in addition to building strong collaborative relationships with internal Forcepoint contacts such as Sales/SE, Support Delivery, Professional Services, and Engineering.
- You will build a holistic view of the customer and proactively identify areas where value can be maximized, increasing the footprint of products in the customer’s environment overtime, thereby ensuring customer retention and referenceability.
- Owns and drives customer issues to resolution through own subject matter expertise and partnerships with Support Delivery, Professional Services, Engineering, and Critical Situations Program.
- Engage with Product Management to influence product direction according to the needs of your customers.
- Partner with Engineering and QA to validate customers’ solution design including upgrade and migration planning.
- Drive critical escalation resolution plans for MCS customers with internal teams such as Support Delivery and Engineering, validating next steps and solutions.
- Ensures that MCS program deliverables are actioned; for example, customer on-boarding, meeting minutes, Architecture reviews/diagrams, Strategic Support Plan, Migration planning etc.
- Develops and mentors other TAMs to help improve their technical knowledge, project management skills, customer management skills, etc.
- Develops technical webinars for internal and external use that can share lessons learned, applicable for both MCS and non MCS customers.
- Conducts on site audits/reviews as needed.
- Performs TAM duties for 6 – 7 MCS accounts at any time.
- Support less experienced TAMs during complex customer engagements.
- Stays current on company and industry technologies.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
You demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven; you value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candour, while always being genuine; you act boldly, take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product which you are proud of.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Ten years’ experience in a senior technical support role managing large enterprise or very large enterprise customers.
- Proven track record of managing customer expectations and ensuring the highest level of customer loyalty
- Ability to engage meaningfully with subject matter experts in the following areas:
- Network security solutions Firewall, IPsec VPN, IDS/IPS, SSL VPNetc.)
- Networking principles (Layer 2 and 3, TCP/IP, 3-way handshake, DNS etc.)
- HTTP protocol (Structure, status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Diagnosing network latency and intermittent issues
- Active Directory (Domains, structure, permissions, group policies, etc.)
- MSSQL fundamentals (Management interface, accessing logs, browsing databases, simple queries, permissions, jobs, etc.)
- Information Security Concepts
- Enterprise applications, including performance, interaction, and conflict/troubleshooting, with an in-depth understanding of server operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- Understands and can articulate the product line and architecture.
- Understands PII regulations such as HIPPA and GDPR
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level
- Wears the customer advocate hat at all times