Strategic Operations Director
We are looking for a Strategic Operations Director who will work with our clients to help them understand patterns of online disinformation.
You're looking for a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged, investigate and explain complex problems for our clients. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You're comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You're comfortable working with data, synthesizing information from a variety of sources, and communicating your findings to decision makers. If this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
We help companies understand and defend themselves against online disinformation. Day-to-day you'll work with a rapidly growing team of intelligence analysts, machine learning experts, and marketing and communication professionals. You'll work with our clients to conduct investigations, interpret data, produce reports and communicate the findings to Fortune 100 executives, government partners, and journalists. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
Important things in no particular order:
- We have revenue and are VC funded, but this isn’t a Redbull-fueled, brogrammer kind of place.
- The company is based in Austin, and we give preference to candidates who already live in Austin.
- We're building applications from scratch and have the ability to build in the most relevant, latest technologies.
What You'll Do:
You'll work in cross functional teams of typically 5-7, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating how this affects our clients. You'll present results to our clients and implement recommendations in collaboration with team members.
- Gravitas, you can command and hold a room
- Strong communication and writing ability
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Comfortable independently learning things you haven't done before
- Enjoys working as part of a cross functional team
- We offer amazing Fortune 500 level company healthcare plans, vision and dental.
- We offer a 401(k) plus a 4% company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Stock options
- Free parking in our downtown office
- Membership to onsite gym and pool
- $2,000 annual gadget policy to buy tech tools, from a computer to headphones to iPads, anything you need to do your job. You own these gadgets (not the company)
- Annual budget to purchase books and literature subscriptions
- Weekly catered lunches
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and an endless supply of bubbly water
- Bi-monthly office events like happy hours, Alamo Drafthouse movies, escape rooms, stand up paddleboarding
- Most importantly, meaningful work. We all love coming to work everyday and making a difference to make this world a better place