Support Tools Developer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a Support Tools Developer, responsible for the development and maintenance of an internally created system of tools, charts, and reporting used by the BigCommerce Client Success Services organization. You will report directly to the Director of Workforce Management and Analysis while working alongside a seasoned Support Tools Developer and will handle smaller backend projects as well as a front end redesign.
What You’ll Do:
- Work extensively with various SaaS REST, JSON, XML and SOAP APIs to gather data for internal consumption
- Work with the various stakeholders to translate requirements into work you're doing like dashboards or data tables needed for measuring performance.
- Develop in-house tools that help improve the efficiency and consistency of Client Success Services processes
- Develop and document a software environment that is scalable and user-friendly, helping ensure that future developers are able to effectively work with existing code
- Update and maintain internal documentation on how each module functions so that internal team members can easily understand how the results are calculated and intended to function
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals
- Use our internal ticketing system, JIRA, to create, monitor, and document the status of tools requests through completion, keeping stakeholders regularly informed of progress
- Follow the prioritization board in JIRA to deliver tool updates in a consistent and timely fashion
- Regularly seek and provide feedback on the effectiveness of current support tools
- Solve Bug Reports and user problems, recommend solutions, document and deliver information on bugs, patches, updates, etc to appropriate stakeholders
- Regularly verify the accuracy of existing tools and modules to ensure they continue to correctly produce the expected results
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to self-teach through problem-based learning or experiential learning techniques
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and the flexibility to adjust to constantly changing requirements, schedules, and priorities
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills to solve complex data challenges
- Ability to utilize or quickly learn SQL, Ruby, and JSON queries to perform complex operations and to build output data into effective web-based reporting through libraries like HighCharts
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data models and/or the ability to interpret functioning database designs
- Self-starter with a drive to achieve goals independently as well as in teams
- Solid grasp of user interface and design concepts associated with data reporting structures
- Ability to accurately sort and analyze data and develop and maintain SQL databases
- Understanding of Salesforce and Five9s reporting environments and APIs preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.