About Self and its Mission
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build a credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role
As a Customer Success Team Lead, you will be responsible for providing high quality support for our valued customers. You will work hand in hand with your peers to make sure the day to day operations of Customer Success run efficiently and effectively. You will engage daily with the QA/Training Specialists to make sure are well aligned for your team's needs and quality metrics. You will coach your direct reports to improve their performance on day to day responsibilities, as well as grow your teams’ skill sets and impact. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to improve our front-end product experience and build better tools for our Customer Success teams while partnering with Product Operations. You will work in a highly collaborative yet autonomous environment where we celebrate our customer's successes and thrive on reaching our own internal goals. This role is located in Austin, TX and is not eligible for fully remote.
- Manage the day to day operations of the team to reach KPI targets and lead a highly efficient and effective team that delivers the highest quality CSAT/NPS
- Partner with other Team Leads to meet Customer Success team OKRs
- Provide regular feedback to improve individual performance and personal growth
- Be the voice of the customer to your cross-functional stakeholders to drive product and tool improvements
- Recruit and lead hiring of new team members. Own all HR aspects for your team, including performance improvement planning.
- Perform quality review analysis for your team through collaboration with Training and Quality Team
- Report KPI successes and challenges to leadership team
- 5+ years experience people management experience preferred
- 7+ years working in online operations, customer support, or financial technology industry required
- 2+ years experience working with outsourcing vendors preferred
- Must have been in a high volume support/call center/customer success role previously
- Strong business problem solving instincts
- High EQ and ability to build rapport with team members and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to adapt in a fast-moving, startup environment
- Salesforce.com Service Cloud knowledge strongly preferred.
- Comfortable working in an office environment practicing social distancing during COVID. Comfortable managing a team that is remote during COVID.
You must be located in the Austin, Texas area and be comfortable working in an office environment practicing social distancing during COVID.
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our Perks Include:
- Competitive pay
- Eligible to participate in the Self's Incentive Bonus Programs
- Self pays 100% of employee's monthly medical, dental and vision benefit costs and a portion of dependent insurance coverage (Buy up options available, costs vary across benefit type)
- 401(k) Plan available to full-time employees to save for retirement
- Self pays 100% of Life/AD&D/Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance premium costs for all full-time employees
- Enjoy our flexible vacation policy
- Company paid education and training programs
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit and Gold's Gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided at the office (Our offices are partially open)
- Casual dress code
- Team building, happy hours and events (Online now, due to pandemic)
- Downtown Austin office space (Our offices are partially open)
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend for full time employees through 6/2021
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.