Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer provides world-class support to a wide range of security minded people and their companies. Ultimately, the support engineer will use their expertise and knowledge to help solve security challenges in the real world.
Our support engineers thrive on excellent knowledge of security and vulnerability management along with an unmatched thirst to rapidly learn the newest technologies in our changing world.
- Understands client's business objectives/impact and applies their expertise to timely resolve issues and ensure customer success
- Serves as the liaison between Rapid7 and the customer
- Follows up, tests, and troubleshoots as necessary
- Partners with development team on root cause analysis
- Keeps customer informed of case resolution.
- Interacts closely with other departments to provide first hand feedback from customers.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Amazing social skills with a passion to work with customers
- Troubleshooting and understanding of network architecture
- Critical thinking and sound problem solving skills
- Fantastic oral and written communication
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI, VLAN, DNS, NMAP, LDAP
- 4+ years of hands-on application security assessment experience
- Min 2+ years of Application development experience related to security
- Knowledge of the OWASP Testing Framework and OWASP Top 10
- Proficiency with similar applications and Rapid7 products a plus
- Penetration Testing experience desired
- CISSP, CEH, Security +, OSCP preferable