Technical Support Escalation/Incident Manager
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The Escalation/Incident Manager is responsible for leading, planning, and managing the resolution of escalated incidents and problems raised by the customer, account management or Customer Success Leadership. Exemplifying our corporate values of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, the Escalation Manager will, at all times, ensure:
(1) The correct people are working on the issue
(2) Verify progress is being made
(3) Establish Contingency plans
(4) Deliver consistent communication to Management and customers and
(5) Own the customer situation as a single Forcepoint contact for the customer escalation team
- Understand the short and long term business goals and objectives
- Ensures the resolution of high severity customer issues by coordination of efforts among Forcepoint organizations including, but not limited to, Customer Success, Technical Support, Operations, Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Executive/C-Level Leadership
- Promptly manage any case escalations from customers, Customer Success, Technical Support, Operations, Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Executive/C-Level Leadership
- Provide technical and situational updates to Customers and internal Forcepoint stakeholders
- Ensure clear documentation of issue, diagnostic & resolution plans, customer & stakeholder communication, is maintained at all times for issues managed by the Escalation Manager.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Forcepoint stakeholders such as Sales, Sales Engineering, & Product Development
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Manage event communications:
- Establish and manage bridge calls with engineers and customers on single customer outage
- Attend multi-customer outage bridges in support of the crisis management team
- Crafts business appropriate communications for the affected operating groups and manages communication on a major incident conference call
- Focus on resolution
- Manage and proactively improve the customer experience, form initial contact to final case resolution.
- Evaluate customer concerns and coordinate resolution efforts and root cause analysis / post-mortem discussions
- Track and continue to follow up with Red Accounts
- Develop, optimize and implement measures to be proactive on critical and high priority cases
- Proactive approach to account health and stability
You demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven; you value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candor, while always being genuine; you act boldly, take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product which you are proud of.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Ability to motivate and influence people
- Self-motivated. Can-do attitude. Force Multiplier
- Overall 3-5+ years of experience in customer-facing, post-sale positions working with complex IT solutions
- Building Salesforce and Excel reports
- Proven conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to work with a level of high ambiguity
- Proven work experience as a Technical account or escalation manager
- Excellent customer service, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Logical thinker and analytical skills
- Extensive technical background and knowledge of networking, proxies, and cloud services. Solid understand of network and information security an advantage
- Mastery resolving critical enterprise level issues to the Customer’s satisfaction through team approach
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.