Technical Support Manager (2nd Shift)
As part of WP Engine's rapid growth, we're seeking a Technical Support Manager for 2nd Shift to join our team in Downtown Austin. This Manager will be leading a diverse technical support team while handling strategic and tactical responsibilities. This person will play a key leadership role in the overall customer experience organization, and will be responsible for managing to key performance metrics.
* 2nd Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 12:00am *
* Work from Home on Sundays *
In this role, you will be responsible for the personal and professional development of the team, and should demonstrate a passion for supporting the platform that our customers (and WordPress developers!) Love. This person should find solving problems irresistible, enjoy working collaboratively in a fast pace, 24/7/365 environment and understand that delivering a world-class customer experience is at the heart of our business.The day to day
- Leading a technical team to deliver a differentiated & world-class support experience.
- Responsible for key performance metrics ensuring speed, quality, and most importantly, customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Working intra-departmentally with other Support Leaders to capacity plan, maintain appropriate staffing levels and handle escalated customer concerns.
- Working multi-functionally with all departments within WP Engine to meet our Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and customer satisfaction goals.
- Work closely with our business operations team to make sure all meaningful data being provided is up to date and accurate.
- Partner with our recruiting team to help with reviewing resumes and conducting applicant phone screens and interviews.
- Work with senior leadership to set direction and lead team meetings.
- The ideal candidate knows how to solve problems. And if you don't know how to solve them, then you need to know how to find a way to solve them.
- 3 years plus of recent management experience supporting high performing teams.
- You are a true Servant Leader and naturally put the needs of your team ahead of those of your own.
- You love talking with customers to hear about their experiences and seek to understand how we can improve and over-deliver on their expectations.
- You have a deep understanding of the IT industry, Hosting and various technologies.
- You have an operational and tactical view of the business and can provide strategic leadership and direction.
- You have a commitment to get things done, initiative to think about the next project, and a real passion for service.
- Exhibit superb attention to detail and interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with various Support Communication Systems, such as; Zendesk, as well as large scale Phone and Chat support systems.
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.