Technical Support Specialist
Do you consider yourself as someone with excellent customer service skills? Do you possess the super hero ability to effectively explain, using your amazing communications skills, technology in non-technical terms? Lightspeed Systems is looking to hire a Technical Support Specialist to join our Customer Service organization. This an intermediate position on our team with responsibilities of troubleshooting and supporting end users on a variety of issues.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for independently identifying, analyzing and resolving technical problems with Servers, workstations running Lightspeed Systems products to include Mobile Device Management and Classroom Management Software.
- Responds to requests for technical support, tracks, and monitors problems to insure a timely resolution.
- Responsible for assistance with configuration and integration of Lightspeed products as well as identifying and documenting issues for escalation to Quality Assurance
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware/software problems pertaining to LAN/WAN.
- Maintains current knowledge of Lightspeed products, trends, and developments in IP, networking, and related technologies.
- Ability to manage own workload and train other support specialist as required.
- Responsible for non-business hour On-Call support.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of workstation administration experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of Operating system installation and configuration, Windows and Mac OSX required.
- Knowledge of directory services to include, Active Directory, GSuite, Azure AD.
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of mobile device platforms and mobile device management solutions
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, ChromeOS)
- Advanced understanding of IP, Network planning, router configuration and management and firewalls.
- SQL Server experience.
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous help desk experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff.
- Ability to explain technology in non-technical terms
- Ability to clearly document and record information.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Available to work flexible hours including both scheduled and on call support, including weekends and holidays.
As part of the application process, we request 10 minutes of your time in completing the assessment at https://assess.predictiveindex.com/VKJnA
Lightspeed Systems partners with schools to make learning safe, mobile and easily managed. Partnered with 6,500 districts in the United States and 28,000 schools around the world, Lightspeed Systems offers integrated filtering, management, monitoring, and protection for schools through its groundbreaking platform, Relay. Headquartered in Austin, TX (with offices in Portland and the U.K.), Lightspeed serves over 15 million students in 38 countries. To learn more, visit https://www.lightspeedsystems.com.