Technical Trainer at SecureLink
Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace.
What You'll Do
The Technical Trainer is part of our Professional Services team and requires a balance of real world technical expertise and strong customer consulting. As a SecureLink Technical Trainer (or what we call here a Professional Services Engineer) you will deliver exceptional customer service delivering training, implementation, technical services, and detailed consulting concerning our product, features and industry specific use cases. You will demonstrate your technical knowledge of our various product modules and configurations and become the utmost authority ensuring customers use the product to its fullest. Our users will look to you for best practices and prescriptive advice to help them solve complex business challenges. Day-to-day responsibilities include delivery of the following services:
- Continuously expand and renew knowledge of our product
- Consult customers on the best configurations, modules and workflows for their use case and industry
- Serve as the escalation resource for all advanced or complex use product questions
- Train customers to effectively use SecureLink for their specific business need in implementation and ongoing
- Maintain and create training documentation to provide self-guided learning for new features and configurations
- Work with customers to introduce new features and processes after upgrades
- Analyze design alternatives and recommend best approaches based on knowledge of business requirements
- Conduct periodic product assessments on customer implementations to ensure customers are using the product fully and properly
- Research industry standards and requirements for compliance, security and standard use cases to provide insightful consulting and services
- Consult on and scope custom feature and complex service requests including delivery of scope of work and project plans
What You'll Need
It is absolutely imperative that you have:
- 1-3 years in a customer-facing role, ideally in professional services or a technical trainer capacity
- Experience in a high-tech computer and networking environment preferred
- Familiarity with SQL, Network Management and/or programming
- Experience with escalation management using strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
and it would be really cool if you had:
- Experience with an LMS system and/or Adobe Captivate
- Experience managing vendor remote access
- Experience with technology solutions applied to compliance and security use cases
- Experience and/or training as a technology or workflow consultant
- Experience in a SAAS model
- Familiarity with a Linux environment
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.