Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for a VP of Community and Global Events to help define the future of the Braze community. You will be responsible for driving deep and meaningful engagement across of Braze. At Braze, community is a key strategy for user engagement, experience and growth. Our community includes the world’s most creative marketers, technical influencers, partners, experts, ambassadors and more. Our mission is to encourage this vibrant and diverse community to connect, learn and grow together. You'll be an integral part of the marketing team, reporting to the CMO and will work with various stakeholders across the organization to define all community experiences. You'll also be responsible for guiding individuals on the team— helping them build their skills and grow in their careers. If you’re an exceptional leader with a strategic point of view, passion and experience in building communities we’d love to have you join the growing marketing team at Braze.
- Build and lead the development of a cohesive strategy for the Braze community
- Work with your team and lead the execution of aspects of the Community strategy and objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders of Success, Support, Product, Growth, and Partnerships to continually expand and execute on the Braze community vision
- Lead a diverse range of global community structures and programs: Online/offline, social, user groups and advocacy programs, webinars, events, and forums
- Lead global events including “Forge” the company’s flagship user conference
- Source, surface and amplify community generated content that fosters learning and growth and establishes the Braze community as the go-to source for all things customer engagement
- Develop a set of core and measurable KPI’s that demonstrate value to the community and impact on the company’s bottom line
- Be an active advocate of the Braze community and help facilitate highly-engaged community groups
- Identify, engage and build rapport with contributors, experts, influencers and event partners to establish third party validation and further amplify with speaking engagements and community-focused thought leadership initiatives
- Work hand-in-hand with channel marketers, content, and operations to guarantee promotion and amplification of events, as well as audience development and lead scoring
- Partner with marketing operations and channel marketers to ensure events sponsorships are strategically planned (aka we’re at the right events) in conjunction with demand generation efforts to drive leads
- Be a player and a coach - roll up your sleeves and work on community initiatives and also help the team grow.
- SaaS marketing experience and 5+ years of community experience leading a diverse community
- Experience coordinating, directing and guiding the work of your team within a high growth organization
- A thoughtful approach with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to build consensus around, and incorporate feedback
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prefer understanding of evolving mobile marketing automation landscape, cross-industry brand knowledge
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial mentality with experience working on complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams. Creative approach to new ideas, experimentation to foster community growth
- Data drive and measurable outcomes driven approach to work and initiatives
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $200,000 and $240,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $250,000 and $300,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.