VP of Corporate Development at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:24 a.m. (CST) on Friday, September 3, 2021
ESO is seeking a Vice President of Corporate Development to lead ESO’s inorganic growth strategy. In this role, you will seek to identify acquisition prospects and other new business development opportunities. You will shape the growth strategy and understand the implications of business decisions through coordination of all related due diligence and deep financial valuation analyses. In addition, the Vice President of Corporate Development will cultivate partnerships with key internal stakeholders, private equity partners, brokers, investment bankers, and intermediaries. Success in this leadership role will be measured by the creation of long-term value, specifically in terms of new growth as measured by capital investment, return on capital, and integration success.
You will report to our Chief Legal & Compliance Officer and will be an integral Senior Leadership Team based in our Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You will be responsible for all aspects of strategic acquisitions and industry partnerships that expand ESO’s reach in the industries we serve. Responsibilities will include all aspects of M&A, including strategy development, target identification, deal sourcing, deal execution, acquisition integration preparation (and management of the execution of integration plans), identification of potential strategic partners, and continued cultivation of existing partner relationships.
· Collaborating with the CEO and Executive Team to develop market strategies and define the role of investments and acquisitions.
· Assessing ESO’s current product portfolio, value proposition, and competitive differentiation relative to overall market opportunities.
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with entrepreneurs, the investment banking community, and other relevant industry parties.
· Building out relevant acquisition pipelines and prioritization of potential targets.
· Sourcing and analyzing acquisition/partnership opportunities that align to the company’s strategies.
· Preparing and presenting opportunities for review by the CEO, Executive Team and Board.
· Extensive financial modeling of structures, returns, business plans, and commercial arrangements.
· Structuring and negotiating acquisitions, in collaboration with the CEO, Board and Executive Team members, to drive deals from term sheet to formal closing.
· Leading due diligence activities.
· Working cross-functionally to prepare and the organization to execute acquisition integration activities.
· Building the right integration monitoring activities, driving accountability for achieving targeted business performance and reporting post-acquisition performance to the Board.
· Cultivate and enhance market perception of ESO as an acquirer of choice in our industry.
Who You Are - the essentials(Some of the things required to be successful in the role):
· An outstanding performer with work experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, and/or software corporate development.
· Demonstrated experience leading the full M&A process, including due diligence, financial modeling, negotiating and closing transactions, and post-merger integration planning and management activities.
· Proven ability to drive deal execution from start to finish, including identifying what risks require additional evaluation or mitigation, and when to walk away from a deal.
· Expert level knowledge of financial and deal modeling, as well as quantitative analysis.
· Strong ability to think strategically and direct others in solving complex business problems under pressure.
· Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and the ability to create top-notch presentations and materials that provide business insight that is relevant and digestible to Executive decision-makers.
· Ability to quickly establish credibility and strong working relationships both inside and outside ESO, across all levels of management, including influencing others without direct authority.
· A successful track record of effective leadership in a fast-moving, high-growth, global technology company.
· High ethical standards, excellent judgment, personal and professional integrity, and a proven discretion in handling confidential information.
· Ability to travel as needed.
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the SaaS ecosystem.
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description