At MongoDB, we are building the modern data platform for our customers. The MongoDB Analytics team’s goal is to make working with data easier by giving developers the power to combine application data with analytical data.
MongoDB is looking for an outstanding product management leader to join our team and take on a key role in our Analytics & Enterprise Tools product organization. You will be responsible for leading the MongoDB Analytics product team in this highly visible position. This position requires a driven self-starter who can work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish, and someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. This role is a rare opportunity to join a team at the center of sales, marketing, and engineering for a leading innovation company in a $60B market.
- Drive product vision, strategy, and roadmap and collaborate with product teams to compile backlog based on customer needs, market data, and competitive intelligence
- Lead the team to the right product decisions via deep engagement with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and market study.
- Advocate making MongoDB the most comprehensive and compelling choice for analytics in the market
- Deeply understand all aspects of the business - to ensure a business outcome aligned with our broader product, customer, and company needs
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies evolve, and factor competitive information and customer feedback into our product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing, support, and sales to solve business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants.
- Bring a passion to every stage of the product lifecycle
- 7+ years experience in product management in analytics, real-time, streaming or data warehouse products
- Leadership experience in building and retaining strong and diverse teams
- Experience with developer-focused, cloud growth models is a plus
- Skills to effectively communicate product strategy to all of the relevant stakeholders; ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Strong team skills and experience to bring together diverse views, can-do attitude, optimism, humility, willingness to embrace the unknown
- Results-proven experience working with or implementing product management best practices such as design thinking and lean startup in industry-leading enterprise software companies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Marketing or related field
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Comfortable with stage presence and frequent public talks
- Self-starter who enjoys strategic challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- In three months, you will have onboarded on the current MongoDB technologies & tools, reviewed existing roadmaps, caught up on where the teams are executing; you will have met with your team, key functions, and other stakeholders, and identified any immediate opportunities for improvement
- In six months, you will have led the team to ship several releases, taken over customer feedback channels, and made sure existing processes allow acting on it efficiently
- In twelve months, you have produced several GA releases, delighted customers with new/improved experiences (you’ll need to define your metrics to measure customer success with your deliverables as well), identified new opportunities & refined your roadmap, contributed to other projects, presented to customers, user groups, and conferences, and gained strong support of your team of direct reports and other stakeholders
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws