Do you love analysis? Do you love vacations too? Do you want a job where you can swipe right for both analysis and vacations? The Data Insights Analyst is someone who is passionate about learning the business and using data, technology and analytics to provide valuable insights to drive the company’s critical business decisions.
What you'll do:
Challenges to work on:
- Measure the impact of our partner products on conversion and revenue
- Influence the product team to make data driven decisions
- Complete exploratory deep dives in to data to find ways to optimize the partner experience
- Craft and present complex business case studies
- Develop, run and monitor A/B tests
- Build comprehensive dashboards
- Be a VRBO data guru - be the point of contact for all data questions and insights
- Partner with product managers and internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis and strategic recommendations through strong storytelling capabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses through analytical rigor, leading to A/B tests that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve the performance of our sites
- Take ownership, from definition to reporting, of the metrics related to the product that you support
- Monitor engagement and conversion trends across the VRBO worldwide network, identify breaks in trends, understand underlying drivers, and surface opportunities and threats
- Develop product analysis advanced metrics and visuals, by collecting and integrating data from various sources, including web analytics tools and internal databases
Who you are:
- Take initiative in solving business questions that data could potentially answer by producing top down data driven solutions to address them
- Strong product development mindset and focus on actionable analytics: e.g. Ability to surface signals in our data and work with Product/Engineering to transform these into concrete tests
- Experience using relational databases and big data via writing performant queries in SQL against large datasets in EDW, AWS and Hadoop environments
- Understanding of Clickstream data and ability to extract and analyze event data
- Creative, global thinker & team player
- Strong SQL skills are required (MSSL, BQ, Hive, Presto)
- Strong skills in Tableau, Looker, R, Python required for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing
- Statistical knowledge and modeling is an added bonus
Background & Experience:
- Bachelor's in an analytical field and 5+years of experience OR Master’s and 3+years of experience
- Ability to work independently with high-level direction, willingness to engage with partners across many disciplines
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting data to while also acting as a mentor to other analysts from other internal teams
- Consistent ability to produce quality, accurate and highly detailed work products
- Experience in a relevant area – travel, ecommerce, or real estate is a strong plus
- Inquisitive and curious minds only need to apply
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.