Product Manager, Core Database at MongoDB
Location: We're open to this role supporting teams on the East coast in a fully remote capacity based in the United States or Canada. Quarterly travel may be required.
About the team
The Core Database team builds the foundation of MongoDB’s industry leading technology and differentiating feature set, in the areas of sharding, replication, and storage, enabling our various product offerings including Atlas, Enterprise Advanced as well as the MongoDB Data Platform.
About the role
This particular role will be focused on two areas: a) driving new features across several teams enabling resilience and predictable performance for MongoDB and b) defining our ecosystem strategy - examples of projects will include developing a strategy for containers (Kubernetes, Docker); embedding MongoDB in third party applications; among others.
- Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap for a MongoDB Core Database based on customer needs, market data, and competitive intelligence
- In this highly visible position, drive collaboration across engineering, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Advocate for our customers with passion about usability, performance, scalability, and security
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing and technical documentation
- Ability to work with the various field teams to appropriately map out customer use cases and requirements
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to inform decisions
- 3+ years experience in product management in enterprise software technology industry; Related or equivalent experience in sales engineering, solution architecture and software engineering can be considered.
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering software products to market
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Experience working with customer personas of developer and DevOps
- Domain knowledge in at least one of the following: databases, distributed systems, analytics, log management products, application architecture
- Ability to write, defend, and execute on business cases
- B.Sc. in technical discipline, Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience. An advanced graduate degree in relevant domain a plus
Nice to have
- Software development background/experience
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Familiarity with open source software, and cloud technologies
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.