The ideal candidate has closely worked with developer communities in the past to capture feedback, define API strategy, and roadmap. We expect you to be a polyglot and fast learner having contributed to at least one of the broader language ecosystems (preferably, Java, Node, .NET or Python) and proficient in at least one data analysis and manipulation language (preferably MQL, GraphQL or SQL variants).Responsibilities
- Keep the pulse on software engineering trends and advocate for APIs in new languages, frameworks etc. to be added to our portfolio, relevant open source projects to support, partner with or promote, gain a deep understanding of relevant developer personas, their use cases and unique concerns to ensure our work exceeds their expectations
- Develop a deep understanding of how existing APIs are being used by customers and drive the decisions around improving or deprecating and retiring existing APIs
- Work with adjacent products (IDEs, Query Language, Realm Mobile Database) to ensure each initiative delivers maximum impact to customers across our data platform with delightful experiences end to end
- Drive coordination across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Developer Relations and executive leadership
- Passionately advocate for our customers about performance, usability, and reliability
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing, and technical documentation
- Proven experience working in the software industry as a product manager with at least 2 years spent in managing APIs and/or programming languages
- Solid technical skills — our users are developers, DBA's, SysAdmins, etc. Our product managers must be just as technical and have knowledge in these areas to better advocate for our users; while not expected to write production code, be comfortable with diving into new code, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, triaging bugs, analyzing support cases, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases and execute on them
- Professional experience in the domains of databases and cloud technologies is a big plus.
- In 3 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB Platform and all of its component parts
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the partners you will be leading
- In 9 months you will be using that understanding to direct the engineering roadmap and ensure the successful release and use of new features by our customers
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.