Product Manager, Performance at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB powers some of the world’s most innovative products and services with very aggressive scalability, performance, and reliability requirements. As we grow to address more and more workloads, performance remains a top priority. We’re looking for a highly talented Product Manager to continue and expand upon our platform performance efforts.
The ideal candidate has a background in Computer Science with experience in application performance benchmarking, A/B testing in lab & production environments, workload analysis and modeling, and proficient in at least one data analysis and manipulation language (preferably MQL, SQL or GraphQL).Responsibilities
- Lead the database server team to optimal product decisions with data from internal partners, customers, prospects, competitive analysis, and industry benchmarks
- Define personas for different types of common workloads by identifying and prioritizing instrumentation and tooling vital to better understand and accurately reproduce performance as experienced by customers
- Identify new performance goals that would help MongoDB grow its business by addressing new use cases in different market segments
- Drive teamwork across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and executive leadership
- Passionately advocate for our customers about performance and its impact on the usability
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing, and technical documentation
- Work with adjacent products to ensure each initiative delivers maximum impact to customers across our data platform
- 5+ years of experience working in the software industry as a product manager with at least 2 years spent in performance-related work (distributed systems, algorithm development, language compiler/runtime, query optimization, network performance)
- Ability to dive into new code, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, logs, performance tracing, analyzing support cases, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases and execute on them
- Professional experience in the domains of distributed systems, databases and cloud technologies is helpful
- B.Sc. in technical subject area, Computer Science preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading a platform product with high performance/scale requirements in its respective industry
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of subject areas
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a relevant domain
- In 3 months you will be fully proficient in the MongoDB Platform and all of its component parts
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the internal and external partners you will be leading
- In 9 months you will be using that understanding to advise the engineering roadmap and ensure the successful release and use of new features by our customers
Join us! Let’s change what’s possible for application developers!
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.