Senior Product Manager, Business Events
Passionate about a rare opportunity to help craft the future of alternative accommodations within travel? Are you a Product Manager that is passionate about building phenomenal products and loves technology? Vrbo is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace.
Our broader mission as part of the Expedia portfolio is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Vrbo for Senior Technical Product Manager, Digital and Analytics Platform within our team. In this role, you will serve as product owner for multiple digital & analytics engineering teams and be actively involved in delivering solutions. Our team is passionate about developing cloud based real-time data products and employee analytics self service tools that enable anyone within the company to analyze data and make business decisions faster.
You will play an integral part in defining the Digital and Analytics product strategy while empowering the assigned engineering teams to deliver solutions that our internal partners love. We are looking for a professional who is laser focused on execution, capable of understanding the big picture, and has a proven record of working collaboratively with cross-functional and geographically diverse teams. You will need to be a creative problem solver, passionate about performance and an inspirational leader.
What you’ll do:
- You will provide program and product management oversight for the definition and implementation of Vrbo's stream based business events and data enrichment
- Collaborate with partners across the entire business to deeply understand their business and distill their priorities into a product strategy
- Create strategy and vision for your product portfolios
- Create and present executive level presentations to the senior leadership
- Run monthly product reviews and 180 day planning processes for the your team
- Bring to bear standard methodologies for developing product requirements, user stories, backlogs and roadmaps
- Meet frequently with product, engineering and business partners to develop a deep understanding of future needs and strategic direction
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s road map and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Monitor your team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
Who you are:
- 8+ years of Technical Product Management, Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment using Agile frameworks
- 2+ years experience leading product teams creating digital and analytical data products
- Experience building analytics solutions on Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure a plus
- Experience building data products based on streaming data technologies a plus
- Experience building data products based on domain driven design and eventing
- Ability to communicate persuasively, build strong-relationships, and collaborate with key team members and peers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering partners
- Confirmed experience defining and authoring solution strategy for large scale software products
- Validated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Full product line life cycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related area, or equivalent industry experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.