Senior Product Manager, Experimentation Platform and A/B Testing Tools
We are looking for an experienced technical Product Manager that is passionate about building data& technology platforms that enable great customer experiences. HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to lead the experimentation platform & A/B testing tool sets used by all HomeAway product teams around the world to enable best-in-class data-driven product development.
As part of the Product Management organization, the Senior Product Manager contributes to the success of the team by driving all phases of product initiatives: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap, collaborating with internal users, researching & defining requirements, analyzing data, and working closely with development to implement, measure, refine and deploy new capabilities. The Senior Product Manager will serve as a testing & analytics expert to establish a product vision, solution roadmap, and an effective engineering partnership to build a scalable test & learn platform for hundreds of users that impacts millions of owners and travelers every single day.
What you’ll do:
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Establish the product vision, goals, roadmap, priorities, and rollout plans for the global experimentation platform & A/B testing toolset, focused on improving testing insights and velocity.
- Collaborate with product management, analytics, engineering, data science, information systems teams to gather feedback and requirements.
- Define and lead the creation of new capabilities, such as self-service dashboards, results summarization, test & data quality/consistency checks, tools to speed access to insights.
- Work closely with engineering to specify feature details, create user stories, drive Agile delivery and UAT.
- Problem-solve data reliability and accuracy challenges in conjunction with other teams.
- Establish instrumentation and data collection standards and improvements.
- Create and deliver training, education and documentation for stakeholders.
- Benchmark capabilities vs industry leaders and competitors.
- Explore & deliver new tools and techniques for testing and insights.
Who you are:
- Candidate Profile:
To be considered for the position, you must have demonstrated relevant and current expertise in directing strategy of data analytics tools and processes. Product Managers should be curious about data and passionate about well-designed online products, end user experience, and current and evolving best practices in software development and A/B testing.
- 5+ years of technical Product Management or data analytics experience.
- 2+ years of hands on software development experience preferred; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of technology & data architecture for high-volume websites.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to utilize data across different sources, data normalization, data accuracy, and statistical analysis methods.
- Expert in data visualization and how to communicate complex data in consumable ways.
- Proven knowledge of software development methodologies and A/B testing.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions.
- Experience with data science coding tools such as R is strongly preferred.
- Travel and e-commerce experience preferred.
- Ability to manage large, complex, international projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive execution against project milestones and deliverables.
- BS or BA in computer science or a related field.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% Internationally.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.