Senior Product Manager, Online Analytical Processing at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Does growing one of the most popular databases in the world to new use cases and industry verticals excite you? If so, the Senior Product Manager role at MongoDB could be an opportunity for you. Let’s change what’s possible for application developers, business analysts, and data scientists!
This role can be based out of our New York City or Dublin offices or remotely in Europe.What you’ll do...
- Work with the Query and storage engine teams to reach ideal product decisions on analytical query operators, caching, processing, and optimization based on deep industry knowledge, input from internal partners, customers, prospects, market studies combined with your analysis of performance metrics, query patterns, data shapes, and volumes
- Collaborate with OLTP counterparts to find the right balance between transactional and analytical processing to build differentiated products that take advantage of MongoDB’s flexible schema and strengths as an operational system
- Drive coordination across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and executive leadership
- Passionately advocate for our customers about performance, usability, and reliability
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing, and technical documentation
- 5+ years product management experience with database or enterprise analytics products
- 3+ years spent working on at least one of columnar storage engines, query languages, SIMD/Vector/GPU processing, and database extensibility with a good understanding of database and distributed systems fundamentals
- Solid technical skills. Our product managers must be just as technical and have knowledge in these areas to better advocate for our users; while not expected to write production code, be comfortable with diving into new code, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, triaging bugs, analyzing support cases, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases and execute on them
- Strong team skills and experience to bring together diverse views, can-do attitude, optimism, humility, willingness to embrace the unknown
- In 3 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB Platform and all of its component parts
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the customers and current pain points
- In 9 months you will be using that understanding to direct the engineering roadmap and ensure the successful release and use of new features by our customers
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.