Senior Product Manager, Partner Acquisition
HomeAway is a global leader in the vacation rental industry and the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. We make it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Senior Product Manager, Partner Acquisition
TX - Austin Domain
Are you an experienced product manager who is passionate about building great products? Want to work on the front lines of the sharing economy and compete to improve traveler and partner experiences in private accommodations?
As the Senior Product Manager for Partner Acquisition you’ll discover, develop, and optimize products to inspire homeowners and property managers to join HomeAway’s vibrant marketplace and reach their potential. You’ll become our leading authority on partner acquisition and a critical component to our continued growth and success.
- Develop and socialize a long term strategy to engage partner prospects, educate them on HomeAway’s unique value proposition, and convert them into new partners.
- Define and execute product roadmap(s) to support the strategy.
- Iterate with design, marketing, and partner success (sales) to understand prospect experiences, identify unmet needs, and craft new products and features to address them.
- Collaborate with Expedia Group colleagues to identify and explore opportunities to leverage and/or co-develop platform capabilities for acquisition.
- Work with the engineering team with an agile mindset and process to define, elaborate, and implement user stories.
- Track and monitor acquisition metrics, run product experiments, and optimize for new partner conversion.
- Collaborate with data science to develop learning algorithms to help marketing attract better prospects to our site.
To succeed, you possess the following:
- Experience. Seven (7) years + of experience in a technology-enabled consumer facing company. Two (2) years + experience developing products for new customer acquisition. Experience in online travel and/or a multi-sided marketplace is a plus. BS or BA in equivalent field.
- Scientific approach. Ability to balance qualitative and quantitative observations, formulate and test hypotheses, and iterate based on what you learn. Experienced implementing data science and programmatic learning loops .
- Growth mindset. You possess a willingness to entertain new ideas that may conflict with your existing thinking and an ability to both learn and adapt from outcomes and feedback.
- Agile mindset. Experience working in an agile engineering organization and demonstrated ability to craft and revise plans and deliverables based on outcomes.
- Customer focus. Ability to balance business, technology, and design priorities while retaining focus on the customer experience.
- Initiative. Ability to lead large, complex global projects in a dynamic environment. Cross functional experience working with design, engineering, sales, and operations teams.
- Strategic understanding. Have a macro (competition, business) and micro (engineering, operational) understanding of product strategy and prioritize features that deliver the fastest business outcome.
- Product mindset. Demonstrated experience in adopting product management standard methodologies, standards and policies, a ‘whole product’ mindset to product management. A realization that a product is successful when it drives business results, and not just engineering deliverables.
- Willing to travel 10-15% domestically and internationally
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.