Sr. Product Manager, Booking Experience
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you interested in solving some of the most complex, challenging, and exciting problems in the travel space? Are you a product manager with a scientific mindset and a passion for building exceptional user experiences? Vrbo is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join our Traveler Product team and power our core value proposition of helping our travelers book the perfect vacation across Vrbo, HomeAway, and global sites around the world.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will work closely with the engineering, design, data & content platforms, and other product teams to deliver the vision for our core Traveler Checkout. You’ll help create a world-class experience to enable travelers to identify, book, and pay for their trips. You are an innovator, a strategic thinker, passionate about user experience, analytical, and an excellent problem-solver.What you’ll do:
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision and strategy for multiple feature sets within the Traveler Checkout portfolio, in partnership with key team members, to drive higher booking conversion.
- Lead a feature team during preparation and participation in 180-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews, and deep dive workshops.
- Collaborate daily with Engineering, User Experience, and Analytics teams to ensure project requirements are clearly defined and accurately phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Practice the “test and learn” methodology to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy.
- Collaborate across the product management organization to ensure visibility into cross-cutting initiatives.
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure efficiency and drive improvement e.g. feature usage, conversion rates.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and strategy.
- 5-7 years of software product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions.
- Possess the analytical reasoning to boil down end user needs into new products/ideas and a relevant technical framework proposal.
- Ability to lead large, complex, international projects in a rapidly changing environment (your stakeholders will be in the US, APAC, Europe, and South America)
- Ability to negotiate and influence your peers, work cross-functionally, and ruthlessly prioritize opportunities.
- Proficient in using the scientific method to find opportunities and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- High level initiative and desire to build a premier user experience for our customers.
- Understand high-level technical documentation to discern feasibility of integration, time frame, and required touchpoints
- Some International travel may be required
- Experience defining best-in-class user experiences
- Experience developing products for iOS and Android platforms
- Familiarity with product merchandising
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results.
- 2+ years of hands on software development experience; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of technology & data architecture for high-volume websites.
- Travel industry experience.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.