Compensation Leader at Invitae
Invitae is searching for a Compensation Leader to join our rapidly growing team. Join us as we build innovative and creative solutions! You'll serve as a key Lead of the broader Talent Operations team and interact regularly with the Talent Acquisition team and business leaders. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic compensation professional with a knack for getting things done. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large high-growth company experience.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of Invitae’s global compensation, equity, and incentives programs in line with business needs and values, and provide flexibility and global customization to account for market differences.
- Lead a team of compensation analysts/partners to create and drive compensation programs and architecture.
- Benchmark all compensation programs and plans to ensure internal equity and market competitiveness; ensure alignment with our business growth, financial and people team priorities and training of our management population.
- Manage annual compensation cycle, including completion of a balanced portfolio of surveys, annual benchmarking and creation of salary bands.
- Lead the broader Talent team through regular benchmarking cycles to educate, analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices.
- Partner with the Executive team to define a compelling total rewards strategy, built for a hybrid/distributed workforce.
- Lead/drive deliverables for Executive Compensation and Equity Planning
- Monitor external trends and benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards.
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 10 years of compensation experience, preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth global company
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a global compensation team, within a public company
- Experiencing building compensation architecture and change management
- Experience in partnering and influencing senior stakeholders (executive team and Board)
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: executive compensation, public company equity, bonus plans, wage & classification, salary, market benchmarking, job evaluation
- You’ll thrive in a highly collaborative team environment and enjoy partnering with Talent Operations partners and Business Partners globally to drive compensation programs
- Strong experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, using data to drive decisions
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.