Head of Project Management Office (PMO) at A Cloud Guru
INFLUENCER | ORGANIZER | PROJECT LEADER
In this role, you will be responsible for building our PMO team from the ground up. We are looking for a player/coach who can drive initiatives while breaking down silos and driving cross-functional understanding. The right candidate will love creating processes from scratch and enjoy collaborating across the organization to achieve business results.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes our team awesome...
You’d never know we were accountants and lawyers, because we are metal-heads, bar owners, and sports fanatics first. What holds us together is our love for learning and a fun culture. We’re a scrappy team that’s all in this together. Here you're not siloed into one function. You get to see the bigger picture, and you get to know the context behind the numbers. You can be a part of a small team with a big impact. You'll need to be a self starter, because we're growing - but we promise it's worth it.
Working on a smaller team means that you get the chance to work on a diverse set of products. Here you get to see the full picture of what your work is contributing to, and you get to have a voice in the direction of the company. - Justin (Finance Manager)As the Head of PMO at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Create, coordinate and drive a portfolio of cross-functional projects across ACG
- Initiate and/or lead projects arising from the business strategy and market landscape and related performance improvement projects
- Develop a transparent and consistent process to project management allowing all stakeholders visibility and clear accountability to a project
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects and business initiatives to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks, and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated
We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop cross functional partnerships to align people, process and technology
- Manage the effective utilization, allocation, and deployment of internal/external resources to ensure successful delivery and support of various projects undertaken and assigned
- Build cohesive project teams and provide the leadership necessary to maximize success
- Own project/program improvement plans and oversee execution of remediation plans
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Strong end to end business understanding ranging from operational efficiency to growth aspects
- Understand how different departments work together in a SaaS business
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, as well as acute listening skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior managers and executives, drive strategic discussions and have strong influencing skills
- Competencies to manage and run PMO office and deliver on quality, time and within resources
- Skills to network and manage and influence cross business and function stakeholders at senior level
- Strong project management and leadership skills, including ability to influence people and build consensus among all levels of the organization.
- Change agility – able to navigate uncertainty and work independently balanced with taking direction and guidance
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room,
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.